Monday, June 22, 2009

Trying to set a deadline

So after a lot of thinking yesterday afternoon about the relationship I am in with Him, I have come to a conclusion.

He made a decision to end his previous relationship to be with me. He is trying hard to incorporate my child into his life, in a meaningful way. He is more affectionate and seems to want to take care of me. I can't just throw all of that away.

I also made myself think about what a breakup would mean. Having that loneliness again. Having no support from anyone who knows me so privately. Fighting or talking over and over again about why. I just don't have it in me.

So my conclusion is this. I am going to give it a few more months. Until September, to see how everything feels. If things don't improve or settle, then I am going to have to end it. Whether that means we can still be friends or not, I don't know, but I know I cannot stay in the spot I am at right now. I need to make myself happy, and sometimes that means taking a leap of faith and leaving the comfort of what is safe.

Time will tell I guess.

No comments: