Friday, July 3, 2009

I put on the ring.

So for weeks or maybe even a couple months I have been itching to put my wedding ring back on. Just to see how it felt. If it felt foreign, or if it felt as comfortable as it did when I was married.

The result is that it felt amazing. The smooth while gold slid down my knuckle and found the sweet spot on my ring finger it had always claimed. I looked at my hand and remembered what it looked like to always wear that ring.

I then left it on while I made supper for my son and myself. I left it on while washing dishes and cutting strawberries for dessert. I didn't want to take it off but when company was arriving I quickly removed it and put it back in the place I've kept it since moving.

I miss wearing it and I think maybe trying it on was a mistake because I want to do it again. I even thought about what people would think if I wore it on my opposite hand. But really, do I care what they think? The ring is mine. It's my hand. I can chose what I want... but I won't do anything without over-analysing responses.

Anyway... off to Montreal... ironically the first place I ever bought myself a ring... ironically while on a weekend away with my then girlfriend (ex-wife).

No comments: