Friday, November 6, 2009

All the single ladies...

Okay, so Wednesday I am at work and Him has the day off. Not something out of the ordinary, given his line of work. There is nothing out of the ordinary going on in my head. I am not paranoid about anything, I’m just enjoying my work day as best I can. Then I decide to take lunch early. There was an obvious point in my work load so I took lunch around noon.

Him had lunch with an ex-girlfriend. The last girlfriend he ever had actually. And on my way back to work I called him to let him know I was heading back and he mentioned that he was sad he missed me because he had planned on stopping by to see me. No big deal for either of us.

I go back to work not really thinking about it and around 3pm I try calling his cell phone. I’m not sure if I touched on this before but he leaves his phone on vibrate and is selective of calls he takes anyway (but not mine). Well I don’t get an answer. This came up before when he was out for a walk and it annoys the hell out of me. If you are going to carry a cell phone and pay a ridiculous monthly fee answer the f’in thing. I try a few more times and then my mind begins to race.

I realize that he is, no doubt, visiting his ex-bf and is choosing not to answer my call. I try his home number in case he went home and I’m over-reacting. Finally, about an hour later I get a hold of him. I ask what he’s been up to and he says a walk. I tell him I have called numerous times and he said he didn’t feel it vibrate. Queue rising blood pressure. I ask how long he’s been walking he says… um an hour or so. I say… did you talk to Ex-BF? He says… yeah. I say… oh. Then my boldness takes over. I say… did you see Ex-BF? He say… um, yeah I stopped in. I say… okay, I gotta run. He asks… can I pick something up for supper for you and your son? I say… nope, I want anything; don’t worry about us. And I hang up.

I then get an onslaught of text messages ranging from I’m sorry, to you can call and ask him we were just talking, to he means nothing to me, to I love you, I messed up… all the texts you expect to hear. I reply occasionally, acknowledging them and telling him I am busy at work.

On the way to pick up my son, I call him. He acts like nothing happened. I go along with it for a while and then I say… so that thing that happened today needs to be dealt with and I’m not doing this anymore. I have been disrespected for the last time. I am done. I tell him I can’t talk about it tonight because I have my son, but we’re done.

Then the evening progresses with more texts saying how he made a huge mistake and will regret it forever, blah blah blah. I have heard the I’m sorry before. I have had the promises not to see him without me and those promises have been broken a few times. So I’m done.

It’s been a couple of days and since I have had my son, we haven’t had a chance to talk about it, so no doubt it will happen tonight. I plan on sticking to my guns. I will be his friend, and we can remain close, but I need time to myself. I need to regroup. I need to focus and really, I need to heal.

Beyonce says it best… shoulda put a ring on it… in this case it means… he should have respected me and kept a promise.

No comments: