Sunday, May 10, 2009

He's been snooping

So about a week ago, I found out, without much doubt that Him has been snooping. I'm fairly certain that it happened last week. A friend of mine, who flirts and is definitely interested in me, sent me a couple of drunken texts.

I didn't check the text, since they arrived while I was in bed asleep. I got up in the morning, and got the day started, not thinking to check my text messages. After getting out of the shower I thought to check my phone, which had fallen through the night, under my bed. Instead of going directly to get it, I waited until Him was in the shower, in case there had been a message.

I check and there are no new messages in my inbox. I think, that's cool... he didn't send any drunken texts... relief. Then, for some reason I check my read items. And there was a message. A little flirty... calling me cute, and labelled drunken text number one. I check for number two, three and four... but there weren't any more.

I'm furious, but what can I say? It's an invasion of my privacy... but not something I haven't done at a point when I was worried. So I let it slide.

I talk to my friend, later in the day ans ask how many messages he may have sent... and he said two. I asked him to resend the second but he says no... it was sent while drunk... and was maybe a little more assertive. I'm nervous, but what can I do? It might not have been received... or it may have been deleted... either way, already done and out of control.

Then today, a week later, I get in the shower and think... hmm... where is my phone. I think nothing of it until, I get out of the shower, and for some strange reason, he has laid my jeans out (with phone inside) on the bed, with a shirt, underwear and socks... I ask why and he says... oh I thought I'd help you get ready. ODD!!

Again, I check my phone, and nothing in received... so I assume I got nothing. And I would have been convinced, but when he leaves me for a while today, and I mention maybe meeting up with the new friend for a bit, he gets sad... starts crying... and says he's just afraid he's going to lose me... and that I mean everything to him. I ask why he's feeling this way and he says he doesn't know, he just has a feeling. I now wonder if maybe he read something and deleted it.

And where do I stand? Well, I am definitely flattered that the new guy has an interest in me. He is definitely a catch and loves kids... I could go on... and I've been tempted but I don't know that he's the one I could see me spending the rest of my life with. I don't know him well enough yet, to even guess. So should Him be worried? Maybe. I mean, I'm a fairly good catch too... I have a good career, I am smart, handsome and a nice guy (I'm not perfect, I know it, but I'm a good guy). I think I've worried long enough that Him wouldn't stay with me... and he didn't try and understand my insecurity... maybe now it's his turn.

No comments: