Monday, September 7, 2009

I'd sign the divorce papers today... no hesitation

It's days like today where she can provoke so much anger in me. The last year and couple of months for her have been about winning. It has not been about doing what is right for our son, or doing what is right ethically, it's been about winning some secret contest she feels we are in.
This last week I have had my family in town, staying with me. They arrived Tuesday and Wednesday, and since "my weekend" does not start until Friday I thought I had better not ask for any extra time. I didn't think it was worth any challenging conversation.

Since I was off all day Friday, I had my son early in the morning and we went camping for the weekend. Normally, my ex would get him back at supper time on Sunday. She asked if she could have him all afternoon Sunday for the celebration of an older family member's birthday, then I could have him back for supper and half of today, since it's a holiday. I agreed, because my stance has ALWAYS been that William should not miss out on family events.
I text messaged her this morning, her favorite method to deal with things, instead of talking, and got no response. I had asked if she had plans or if there was some flexibility so he could have lunch with my family, rather than drop him off at noon. I get no response. So shortly after 11:30 I call her phone and get no answer. I leave a message asking her if he can stay for lunch and I would drop him back.
Finally, she calls back and attacks me for asking for more time. She's gone all weekend without him and now I'm asking for more time when she has plans for them. I say okay then, come get him and point out the fact that I'm always flexible with her and do things so he doesn't miss out on family events. Of course she won't acknowledge the facts and continues to try and make me feel bad for even asking. And she points out that the court papers on custody point out that I am dropping him off.
I don't have the energy and say I'll take him back but she finally says she's on her way and I let her go before it can get any worse. I choke back my tears and start to change him and brush his teeth so he'll be ready.
I really can't believe what just happened. I can't believe how much I wanted to yell and make her see my points, but what good does it do? None.

And now he's gone. He's with his Mom and is surely feeling her love while I'm here fighting tears and not wanting to interact with the family I don't see often enough.
And all this happens after I get a heated email from her about the fact I was taking him camping. I will post that in another post, along with my response.
So much hate directed at me. I guess to a degree she is justified, but when she's trying to get her way, over her son's life being enriched, I don't agree with it. If there were divorce papers in front of me right now, I'd sign it all away.

No comments: