Friday, September 18, 2009

I must be completely crazy

I really must be crazy. I am thinking in my head about what would happen if I begged my wife to take me back. To forget the last year and a half. Forget all the distance that came between us. The hurtful things we both said. The damage that has been done to my image of her family for their attempts to keep my son from me, and in some twisted way they were trying to protect their daughter.

And what would she say? Would she really say that she would take me back and we would go back to building a home and family? Would she just be happy to have her best friend back? Would she want to have that second child we had tried for, prior to the world coming crashing down?And what would we say to the rest of the world? I know my family would be okay. My Mom wanted me to find a way to work it out instead of breaking up. My sister would be disappointed because she’d be afraid that she would lose her brother again, but that is manageable. But what would her family say? Would I ever be welcome again to Sunday dinner? And do I really care? Of the whole family, I can say I miss one brother. He was like my own blood and I would do anything for him. We considered ourselves brother and surely he’d be okay with me being back.

And our friends? Well I could look at it like those friend who wrote me off when I came out to my wife… if they are truly our friends they want us to be happy over anything else and would get over it.

I want it all back. Someone needs to walk over to my desk right now and slap me back into the painful reality that those things are forever out of my reach… but that might not even wake me up. Every cell in my body wants my family back, and because of that I’m in this limbo state.

I can’t move forward with Him because I don’t want to. I want to move backward. But if I tell Him how I feel then he will be hurt and any chance that he is the one will be ruined.

A year and a half later and I want to run back into her arms.

No comments: