Wednesday, September 23, 2009

When worlds collide

It's a strange thing when you transition from living a double-life to a life as a quasi-openly gay man. I say quasi because most people know or have heard through the grapevine, but it's not something I tell people upon meeting them.


Anyway... like I said, it's a strange thing when you transition from having this part of your life be in your private thoughts and private experiences into being part of your regular life. It hit me in the face a few months ago, when I was hanging out with J. We were having supper after having hit the gym together and we had been playing a bit of a game where we had to share sexual experiences we had had in the past.


The game was titillating and allowed me to realize that the sexual world was wide open for me to experience. So it was J's turn to tell a story and he shares how he once had an experience with two guys he was friends with. They were dating and had a relationship where they welcomed select guys into bed with them to spice things up.


As he's telling the story a smile escapes and he stares right at me. I think initially he thought I was judging him in some way, but instead I ask if one of the guys has a tattoo. I describe the tattoo and the placement and this time he stares at me in silence. Then he's on his iPhone pulling up pics on facebook. Asking me if this was the guy I spoke of... and indeed it was.


Turns out I had met the same couple just last fall and had a similar experience with them. It was late at night. I was living alone. And I was on http://www.gay.com/ looking to see what kind of guys were around on a Saturday night.

Now, before you assume that the guys are maybe a couple of old trolls and I was in a moment of desperation, let me assure you that the guys are both in their twenties, good looking with careers to be proud of. They just happen to add a little new energy to their relationship from time to time, when someone of their taste is available.


So flash forward a few months after that conversation and BAM, I run into J out with the guys, and some other friends and suddenly my two worlds have collided. And now we are on first name basis and the option is there to join them again. Wow... head rush!

No comments: