Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just a quick thought on my drive to work

So this year, I started a new job and with that new job came new working hours. Hours that allow me to drop my son off at preschool on those days I am fortunate enough to have him in the morning.

We talk the whole drive to his school about what he might do that day, and if he made any new friends, etc. on his first day of class. I get to the doors and walk with the other parents, find his name tag and wait in line to sign him in and inform them who will be picking him up at the end of the day. I also get a chance to talk to his teacher and she comments on how outgoing he was on his first day, which is light years ahead of last year.

I am loving the fact that this year I will have a more active roll in my son's school. That I can have the interaction and get newsletters, etc. Last year I had to ask every month if there was anything new and usually got no for an answer, and it wasn't until May that I finally saw a book order. Not this year. I will be the one who can ask the school directly and attain the information first hand. Instead of it filtered through my ex-mother-in-law and then ex-wife.

And as if all of that wasn't a gift in itself, I realized on the drive to work that that is at least one less day a week I have to see the mother-in-law's haggard face. Yahoo!!!

No comments: