Monday, March 30, 2009

Learn her passwords

So if you are a married man out there and are thinking of telling your wife that you are gay I suggest you make sure you have all of the possible bases covered. My tip today, is to make sure you know as many of her passwords as possible.

Sure, some will say this is unethical, or does not show strength of character, but I will let you in on a little secret... there's and EXTREMELY fine line between love and hate, and when you tell her those words you will have crossed it. And if she's anything like my wife, anything will be fair in war.

At first, I did not tell anyone that I was checking her email account or facebook. Not even my family or best friends knew that I was snooping. It became part of my daily ritual. Check my email, my facebook and then hers. And it paid off... I learned things she was planning with her lawyer, that allowed me time to prepare myself. I learned who she was telling about my sexuality, and the reactions they were returning to her. I learned about games she was going to play with my access. I learned about the ups and downs in her feelings.

Nothing of what I read was pleasant. It hurt to read her pain and hear how it was making her react. It hurt to hear her family put me down, and describe their hate for me. It hurt to hear the threats of my safety and my family's safety that they were planning.

I had access to this information for months. I checked faithfully throughout the day, hoping to gain some insight to so I could be prepared to any tricks she or her lawyer might pull. And there was a lot of information that I gained that helped my lawyer and I make decisions on how to proceed in securing my access to my son.

Why she didn't think to change her password blows my mind, but for those months, I had an inside track to her thoughts and interactions regarding me. I printed off emails and screen-scraped facebook pages. A lot of those thoughts angered me, and biting my tongue has never been my strong suit. I'm someone who generally takes things for a period of time before I blow up and have to confront someone.

In this period of my life I learned the strength it took to keep my mouth shut and just be an observer. And perhaps, that knowledge I gained made me be more constructed in the way I fought for my son. I had to make calculated moves on conversations I had, in order to not let her know I had that inside information.

All and all, I suggest learning her passwords. It wasn't something I told everyone that I knew, but it certainly allowed me to be more prepared in fighting for my son. The one fight I couldn't stand to lose. All is fair in fighting for access to your children.

No comments: